There are many opinions on male shaving methods. At Moore Unique we have done considerable research
to identify best practice in daily shaving techniques.
Best Practice Moore Unique’s Ultimate Shave Solution
STEP 1: HYDRATE & SOFTEN THE BEARD
This is best done by cleansing the face in the shower before shaving. The natural steam of the shower combined with the our face wash/cleanser for your skin type, is a winning combination for softening the beard and preparing to shave.
STEP 2: PREPARE THE FACE
While in the shower if possible, apply Moore Unique’s Hydrogide Ascend Shave Gel & Skin Enhancer, to further soften the beard and create a layer of protection. Hydroglide Ascend prepares the skin by softening the hairs, it gives you a close, smooth shave and lastly, it prevents irritation, bumps and itching caused by other shaving products on the market.
STEP 3: GO WITH THE FLOW
Start with a sharp blade and gently shave in the direction of your bead growth. Shave in the same direction each time your shave. Rinse blades frequently to remove excess shave product and hair. After shave, apply a small amount of Razor Rash Relief Cream to skin and gently message in with fingertips for 1 minute.
STEP 4: RINSE & SPLASH
Rinse your skin thoroughly with warm water to remove residual shaving products and debris. Splash the face with cool water to close pores before finishing your skin conditioning program. Use Moore Unique’s Toner Cream to regulate the skin and calm post-shaving skin irritation. Finally finish with your skin applying more Hydroglide Ascend Shave Gel to prevent aging & achieve healthy great feeling skin.
- Shave in the shower when possible for optimal effectiveness & results.
- Allow at least 3-5 minutes (in shower if possible) for cleanser and/or shave emulsion to prepare the skin before shaving.
- Rinse your razor frequently throughout your shave for best results. Then wrap it up to keep it dry which will allow it to stay sharp for 14-20 shaves before changing the blade.
- Use particular caution while shaving around the the chin and lips to avoid nicks and cuts.
- Shaving in different directions each shave is the #1 cause of ingrown hairs.